Positive Ageing – Slí an hEala
In the words of Maya Angelou “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style”
This course is about Positive Ageing having a great life as you get older.
Recognising that you have a right to be healthy, fit, energised and connected to a life of meaning and purpose.
Learning to live life to the full regardless of circumstances.
Embracing the next phase of our lives with optimism and hope
Learning new skills to support positive aging and maintaining good health.
Learn to balance care giving roles and support with accepting help and ensuring adequate rest and play for oneself.
- Understanding how to optimise opportunities for physical, psychological emotional and social health in later life.
- Healthy eating, exercise, rest/sleep and stress management are the cornerstones for positive aging. Making these aspects into healthy fun habits can be learned easily
- Recognising the negative impact of stress and learning positive ways to cope.
- Developing new ideas and plans for life following retirement and making the most out of this time .
- Expand your connections as you get older by: looking at local community networks, organisations that can expand your links and friendships
- Consider new hobbies, volunteering opportunities that adds purpose/meaning to your life.
Outcomes and benefits for you:
- Have better physical, social, emotional and psychological health
- Enjoy life more and having fun
- Doing what your body, mind and heart needs
- Coping with pain /illness symptoms
- Coping with the care giving role and pressures
- Adjusting to and enjoying retirement and change
- Create new life patterns of joy, harmony and vitality
Duration of course: This is a one day course, 10am to 5pm
Cost of course: €75
Dates & Venue: To be confirmed
Other courses available